Lots on my mind, and reading through Ruffles Not Diets (whom I adore), and decided to steal a stale meme:
1. Grab the book nearest to you, turn to page 18, find line 4 and write the sentence here:
“…whereas an amulet is preventative, and wards off danger and evil.” (The Book of Spells by Nicola de Pulford)
2. Stretch your left arm out as far as you can. What’s there? The paperwork with the contract, scope of work, and draft bid for the house restoration.
3. What is the last thing you watched on TV? Probably an episode of Criminal Minds or Big Love. It’s been a little while since I watched tv.
4. Without looking, guess what time it is: 2:30
5. Now look at the clock. What is the actual time? 2:29
6. With the exception of the computer, what can you hear? The sound of two people talking in my ear (I’m on a conference call).
7. When did you last step outside? What were you doing? This morning–getting into my rental car (we had bad storms in Texas this week) after stopping at 7-11 for coffee. Well, technically getting out of my rental car to come into work. But the coffee was definitely the high point of my morning.
8. Before you started this survey, what did you look at? Ruffles Not Diets. And I checked my email to see if my bestie responded about our plans for tonight.
9. What are you wearing? a fabulous red and black blouse with long flowy sleeves and ruffled collar with black lace ruffles. And jeans. And black skechers.
10. Did you dream last night?
I had a rather disturbing dream about two people with whom I work, neither of whom are kindredly.
11. When did you last laugh? Today when I was doing a rather embarrassing post on my other blog.
12. What is on the walls of the room you are in? 5 Black and white flower clips in various patterns, a snap of one of my grandnephews, a calendar by one of my favourite artists, my name in black wood, a red star with my name and some magnetic poetry words taped on, the lyrics to a Bob Marley song, and some inspiring magnets. (my desk at work)
13. Seen anything weird lately? Well, seeing my car with huge craters and a rear window that was completely shattered, glass strewn throughout my whole car was pretty weird.
14. What is the last film you saw?
At the movies? I’m honestly not sure. It’s been a while. I’m going tonight though.
15. If you became a multi-millionaire overnight, what would you buy? A huge house with a swimming pool in back, a new house for my parents, pay off my sister’s debts, pay off my own debts, buy lots of books, go to grad school, start up my pet charity, and travel all over the place with my sister and our besties.
16. Tell me something about you that I don’t know. I got flashed once when I was 12 or 13, and I stayed very cool and calm until the guy drove off, and frantically repeated his license plate number to myself until I could get into the house and write it down. Then I called my mom the cop to tell her what happened. I got hauled down to the police station to look at mug shots, identified the guy, it turned out his brother was the registered owner of the vehicle, and they got him off the streets and back in prison. I think he was on parole. And my mom got me an awesome ice cream sundae as a reward for keeping my cool. And I still remember the guy’s license plate. I also still remember how his weenie looked, and trust me when I tell you it was gross and distinctly unimpressive.
17. If you could change one thing about the world, what would you change?
I think I’d get rid of organised religion. I’d also legalise marijuana. That’s two things. I’d probably want to change a lot more things about the world, but I’ve already broken the rule.
18. Do you like to dance? Oh yes, certainly. But only if no one’s around.
19. What do you think of the president? I’m cool with him. I wish that the varying political factions could learn to work together for the good of the nation, instead of constantly stonewalling each other for the good of their parties.
20. Imagine your first child is a girl, what do you call her? No kids coming, alas. I currently plan to name my next dog, should she be a girl, Dulcinea. Although I reserve the right to change my mind at any time between now and then.
21. Imagine your first child is a boy, what do you call him? Next boy dog: Rufus.
22. Would you ever consider living abroad? I would love to.
23. What do you want to say to God when you reach the pearly gates? Wow. You really exist. So, um, you know what was in my heart, right? Does that count? Or shall I just hop on the down escalator now?